What is a trust?
Many people use trusts as a flexible way of leaving assets behind without directly passing them to the beneficiaries. You can start a trust at any point and they can be used for;
- • Looking after assets for beneficiaries who are unable to do so at the time of inheriting them, usually a child under the age of 18 or a mentally incapacitated dependant.
- • To ensure a family business remains within the family.
- • To reduce the risk that the beneficiary will lose the asset (e.g. through divorce or bankruptcy).
- • To provide an income for one beneficiary (e.g. a spouse) whilst retaining the capital for the benefit of others (e.g. children or grandchildren)
- • It can also form part of your tax plans to help reduce potential tax liabilities and may be created as part of your will.
Speak To Our Experts Today On 0161 814 7270